About Commack Soccer League
The Commack Soccer League was founded in 1976, as a volunteer organization. At that time there were only a handful of teams. Now we have over 1500 families and nearly 2000 soccer players. We play at the beautiful Burr Intermediate School fields on Saturday and Sunday. The league continues to operate as a volunteer organization and is made up of several divisions as described below.
Board Of Directors Meeting
Our Board of Directors Meetings are usually held on the first Wednesday of each month. Meetings are held in Room 107 at Burr and begin at 7:30 pm, unless otherwise posted. Our meetings are open to anyone who wishes to attend.
The remaining meeting schedule for the Fall is as follows:
- Wednesday November 9th, 2016
- Wednesday January 4th, 2017
Please note, any changes or cancellations will be posted as soon as possible so please check the website periodically for the most to date information on our meetings.
Intramural Pee-Wee Division
- 4 year olds (based on year of birth) start in our co-ed Pee-Wee 4 division. Games are about learning to kick the ball and have a lot of fun. Three vs. three on a micro-soccer field. All games are played at the Burr School field, on Sundays.
- 5 year old (based on year of birth) kids also play micro-soccer, but move up to the Pee-Wee 5 division. Here the kids are provided an overall introduction to soccer. Learning a bit more about the game, while starting to work together. All games are played at the Burr School field, on Sundays.
Intramural A and B Divisions
- The A Division starts kids in team soccer, on bigger fields, drilling skills, and learning positions. For the first time, a goalkeeper to protect the goal. The A Division consists of first and second grade age children (based on the year of birth). There are separate divisions for the Girls A and Boys A players. All games are played at the Burr School field, on Sundays.
- Third and Fourth graders (based on the year of birth) play together in the B Division. There is a separate Boys B Division and Girls B Division. All games are played at the Burr School field, on Sundays.
Commitment is key on a travel team. Travel teams work hard to advance their skills and knowledge of the game. Playing other clubs travel teams makes for fun and provides a competitive atmosphere. Travel teams typically range from under 9 years old (U9) through under 19 years old (U-19).
Developmental teams are for the U7 to U10 age boys and girls (1st, 2nd, 3rd and 4th graders) that desire to play soccer in a more competitive setting. The developmental teams are formed in addition to the regular intramural teams. The developmental teams hold additional practices and enter tournaments, in preparation for playing soccer at the travel level (which begins at the U9 age).
Commack Soccer League “ZERO TOLERANCE” Policy:
The Commack Soccer League has a ZERO TOLERANCE policy in regards to the conduct displayed towards our referees.This policy has been CLEARLY explained to EVERY COACH during the Intramural Drafts which take place at the start of the Fall season. All our referees are to be treated respectfully by all coaches and parents. They are not to be yelled at or have their calls questioned. If there appears to be an issue with a referee, a coach should send someone to find the Board Member on duty to come over and observe the remainder of the game.
ANY COACH WHO VIOLATES THE ZERO TOLERANCE POLICY TOWARDS OUR REFEREES WILL BE SUBJECT TO DISMISSAL!!